Tuesday 9 April 2019

THE PRIORS.... Episode Forty Six....Is Their Marriage Over?

When Sarah return to the living room Neal's is standing by the window looking out but seeing nothing he does not even turn when Sarah enters he is so lost in his thoughts.
 
"Neal!" Sarah says his name loudly standing just inside the door " I thought I said I wanted you gone?"
 
 Turning from the window Neal can seeing that Sarah has been crying.... is still crying
"I'm so very, very sorry.... I...." his voice catches in his throat and he can say no more the tears are running unchecked down his face. 

 
Sarah wants to stay angry with him but has never seen him so distressed (not even when they lost the baby)
 
Neal's shoulders sag and he sits on the sofa his face in his hands his body racked with sobs... he feels sure he has lost EVERYTHING! At first he had thought... hopedthat somehow he would be able to save his marriage but while Sarah was gone he had tried to work out what to say...
  
but could come up with nothing? If he could not work out what to do about this mess then how could he ask Sarah for help... for understanding?
 
But he had reckoned without Sarah's strong love for him and her determination! 
 
Taking a deep breath and praying with all her heart that she was doing the right thing in those seconds she stands looking down on her broken husband the man she had thought would never hurt her again she makes up her mind.... he is her husband and her daughters father this was possibly going to be the hardest thing she had ever done but.....................................
 
She goes to him kneeling down in front of him handing him a tissue "OK, so where do we go from here?"
His head shoots up startled, shocked, surprised but most of all relived "you....you.... mean it? You said 'we'? Your going to stand by me? 'We' can sort this out?" he goes to take her hand but she jumps back like a scolded cat "not so fast buster! You don't come ANYWHERE near me.... not for now.....not for a loooooooooong time!"
Neal holds up his hand "Anything...anything you say.... just promise me you wont leave me.... I love you so much?"
"I won't leave you, I love you... but at the moment I hate you and what you've done... to us!" Sarah shakes her head "So, as I said before ....where do we go from here?"
Neal straightens up and pats the seat next to him and Sarah sits down careful not to be close enough for them to touch "OK, so I have spoken to Kyori......" seeing the look on her face and a coldness in her eyes he holds up his hands "Just talk, I promise! Kyori knows everything about everyone, I thought she would be able to help"
 
"and could she?" Sarah asks with sarcasm in her voice.
"Well, yes ....and no!" Neal shifts uncomfortably "She said I should tell you...."
"Oh, that was good of her!" more sarcasm.
"She did say she would see if she could find the other girls... find out who's had a baby?" he ventures.
 
"Oh! So now we wait.... for Kyori?" again with sarcasm.
"Stop with the sarcasm, I asked her to help I didn't know who else to ask?" Neal stands up and strides across the room heading for his office "I'm going to see if there's any news yet?"  he tells Sarah as he enters his office.
 
Sarah is left sitting on the sofa looking at Neal's  departing form "You could have asked me for help!" she says to the empty room as a single tear runs unchecked down her face..


No comments:

Post a Comment