Friday 14 August 2015

The Priors.... EPISODE NINETEEN

4:59am 14th February 
Eventually Neal composes himself to ask Sarah about the baby

  "We have a daughter, and she's going to be fine. The nurse came in just before you arrived and said a doctor will be in to see us soon?" she smiles at him

 "God! I don't know what to say? How?... I mean .... what? ....I mean...." Neal looks into Sarah's eyes holding both her hands

  "I don't know?" Sarah replies shaking her head a slight shrug of the shoulders

 Neal brightens he thinks of something there CAN sort out "What are we going to call her?"


  Sarah smiles "I have no idea! I guess we had better think of a name? maybe we should wait until we see her and see if a name comes to us?"

Neal nods and just then the door opens and Dr Walsh enters. She smiles at Sarah and puts out her hand to shake Neal's hand "Mr Hage?"

 "Yes!" Neal replies getting up from Sarah's bed and shaking the doctors hand

 "Well, first let me tell you that your daughter is doing well, she is premature we think you reached about 33 weeks. We think she was a twin and that when you had your miscarriage you  only lost one of the twins!"

 "But why? How did you not know Sarah was still carrying another baby?" Neal asks the doctor

  Dr Walsh holds up her hand and smiles at Neal then she turns to Sarah "Well, we need to do a couple more tests and a scan but we think you might have Uterus Didelphys.  That means you have two wombs! We did have our suspicions when you had the miscarriage but you left before we could complete our tests"

  Sarah and Neal look at the doctor as if she has two heads!

"I know! It's a lot to take in and I think we need to do more tests then we can explain it all properly. Also I think you need to absorb what's been happening, this must be so overwhelming for you both?"the doctor tells them.

Neal laughs  "Your not wrong there!"

 Then the doctor says the magic words "Would you like to see your daughter?"

 In unison they both say "Oh, yes! Yes please!"
"I'll get a nurse to take you up to SCBU" (Special Care Baby Unit)Dr Walsh replies as she leaves the room

No comments:

Post a Comment